Board of Delegates
The control and management of the Paul Bunyan Education Cooperative is vested in a Board of Delegates, which shall consist of one delegate from each member school district. The Board of Delegates shall have one regular yearly meeting and special meetings at times and places established by the board for resolutions.
Board of Delegates’ Roles and Responsibilities
- As a Delegate you will become the representative on your local school board that ensures the quality, integrity and efficiency of the Paul Bunyan Education Cooperative.
- As a Delegate you will have a deeper understanding of special education and how the PBEC meets the unique needs of the special learners within your school district.
- As a Delegate you will have broader knowledge of special education federal and state legislation. You will learn about the mandates that drive the direction of special education. You will learn about federal and state funding and how this impacts your local school district.
- As a Delegate, you will work with your District’s Superintendent to ensure that the needs of the special education students and staff in your district are being met by the PBEC.
Board of Delegates’ Powers
The Board of Delegates shall have all powers granted by statute or otherwise which are necessary or expedient to accomplish the purpose of the Joint Powers Agreement.
In addition to general powers, and not in limitation, the Board of Delegates shall have the following powers:
- To acquire and dispose of real and personal property
- To sue and to be sued
- To make amendments to the Joint Powers Agreement and By-Laws
- To approve the borrowing or entering into any loans on behalf of the Council
- To do what is reasonably necessary to achieve the purpose of the Joint Powers Agreement.
The Board of Delegates shall establish, and from time to time amend, suitable by-laws for the Paul Bunyan Education Cooperative, which are consistent with the Joint Powers Agreement by a two-thirds vote of the full membership of the board.
Current Board of Delegates
Chris Cunnigham (Pine River Backus)
Joe Dwyer (Crosby-Ironton)
Mike Erholtz (Pequot Lakes)
Tom Haglin (Brainerd)
Cindi Hills (Aitkin)
Scott Mudgett (Pillager)